Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Master Of The Wind

"I know the Master of the wind. I know the maker of the rain. He can calm the storm, make the sun shine again...I know the Master of the Wind." (c) Bill Gaither

      The wind and rain of life batter my spirit. From out of nowhere another gale force threatens to knock me off my feet. Darkness descends, and I cry out to the Light. In the darkness the storm seems so much greater, so much louder. Crashing waves one after another tips me from side to side. Alone. I feel so alone. Screaming winds, driving rain. Raging. I am sinking. I cannot stand. I am falling. Hope for rescue has disappeared. Sinking for the last time... I  hear Him whisper "Peace be still." Silence, the waves have ceased their crashing, the wind is no longer raging. Shaking, tattered and worn, I float. The current takes me to the sandy shore. Rest, blissful rest. Peace that passes all understanding floods my soul. I hear Him whisper. "Be still and know that I am God. You are not alone. I promised to never leave or forsake you. Trust me. "Do not lean to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Me, and I will direct your path, and I will teach you how to speak to the storms. Because I have gone to my Father, you will do greater things than I did. I have given you the power to speak to the storms, I have given you the power to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons. I will pour healing oil into your wounds. I will bind up your broken heart. I will teach you, I will guide you, I will lead you. Come unto me all that labor, and I will give you rest. I will rejuvenate your spirit. I will restore your soul. Come to Me. Allow Me to be the Master of your winds."


No comments:

Post a Comment