Tuesday, April 1, 2014

In Your Presence

Twilight darkens the sky, the last rays of sunshine disappear beyond the horizon. Crickets begin their nightly praise, the gurgling of the brook joins the chorus. I stand among the towering trees and smell the loam of the forest. Each sound, each smell sings out Your praise. Stars begin to twinkle in the heavens and I am overcome by the beauty of Your creation.  I am surrounded by Your presence. I am sheltered, I am safe. Your presence covers me, my spirit sings. I hear Your whispers in the rustling leaves; Your bold affirmation that You walk beside me. In Your presence worry has no place, fear and anxiety must flee! You are my God! You are my protector. You are my rearguard! I choose Your presence. I choose peace. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment