Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Drink From The Deep

I hear the waterfall, I cannot see it yet, but the majestic crashing echo's throughout the forest. Each step takes me closer. Briars and thorns cause me to wince, as they rake across my skin. Rocks and fallen branches cause my steps to slow, and I trip now and again. I stop for a rest alongside the trail, I am so thirsty, my feet are so sore.

 Determined, I resume my trek, knowing it will be worth it; just a few more steps. I round a bend in the trail, the crashing water is deafening now; it drowns out ever other sound. I am consumed with it's beauty. I slip and slide down the incline; every ache and pain forgotten. The struggle to get to this place a distant memory. 

I can feel the spray from the fall as I untie my boots. I dive into the pool; deeper, deeper. I do not want to surface. Sweet, the water is sweet, refreshing, renewing. I am held captive by the secrets beneath the fall; mysteries I never knew existed.  

 "Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me." Psalm 24:7



I hear the Father say: "Come deeper, allow me to submerge you completely in My presence. As the waves continually roll and crash against the sandy shore, so my Word will be to your spirit. A tidal wave of My presence will carry you along the currents into deeper waters. Waters so deep that you will not be able to stand. I have so much that I wish to reveal to you. all things are hidden in My Word, for you. As you dive deep, mystery, upon mystery will be unlocked. Hold nothing back, allow Me complete access. Let go of every preconceived notion and idea. Let go of traditions of men. My ways are not their ways, My thoughts are not their thoughts. Time as you know it is quickly drawing to a close. Come deeper, dive into My presence. Do not be afraid. I long to reveal Myself to you in ways that you have never known before. Dive deeper. Drink from the deepest part, for there the water is the sweetest."  

1 comment: