Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Bridegroom

The water pot was balanced precariously atop my head, as I made my way home. The sun was making a glorious decent; streaks of red, orange and purple lit up the horizon. Children were playing in the streets, lamps were turned up and I could see my neighbors as they sat down to evening meal. A loud gong silenced the children, and stopped me dead in my tracks. The water pot slid from my head and crashed to the ground as I began running the last few lanes to my house. I burst through the door, startling everyone inside. "He's coming! He's coming! The Bridegroom is coming! I grabbed my lamp and headed back into the street. I did not look to see who was following, I could not tarry. It was time to celebrate. Our long awaited Bridegroom had finally arrived.

 I hear the Father say: "The hour is fast approaching when the bridegroom will make His entrance. Are you ready? Are your lamps filled with oil? Are the wicks trimmed? Lay aside your religion and legalism. In my Kingdom religion and legalism are bondage. I sent My Son to free you from all bondage. I sent My Son to make you free. When the hour comes, what will you have to lay before me? Wood, hay, stubble, or works of gold and silver? Everything will be tried by fire, and only that which remains will be worthy to be laid at My feet."

" Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment