Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Warrior

The bitter cold wind whips across the battle field. Each blast cuts like a knife. Your hands are so cold you can hardly hold your sword in place. All around you the battle rages. Weeks, months, years... it has gone on so long you can hardly remember when it started. Fatigue threatens to bring you to your knees. Hunger gnaws at your belly, your heart cries out for relief. Each step forward propels you back three. Salty tears sting your parched cheeks and lips. You are ready to surrender in utter defeat.

The ground rises to meet you as you crumble to the hard packed Earth. You have nothing left, you cannot go on. Your eyes close for the briefest of moments... time stands still. 

Peace. 

The bitter wind is no longer blowing. Warmth radiates into your frozen fingers, your tears are wiped away. Sweet honey coats your lips, a gentle voice begins to speak.

"Warrior, I have not forgotten you. I Am your help in time of trouble. I Am your strength when you are weary. I Am the One who will uphold you with My right hand of righteousness. I Am the finisher of your faith. I have not now nor will I ever leave or forsake you. You DO NOT battle alone. I Am the Alpha and Omega, and I have called you for such a time as this. I have ordained you My minister in the Earth. You are MY warrior, I Am your shield. When you are weak, then I Am strong; I Am the over-comer. No weapon formed against you will prosper. Heed My Word: Weapons will be formed against you, destruction will try to overtake you. I said THEY WILL NOT PROSPER! Rise warrior! The battle is not over. Walk in My footprints, I will not lead you to the right or to the left. My way is true and everlasting. My way is Truth. I have placed My Word in your mouth. Speak it. Do not fear. Remember I have seen your end at your beginning, this battle is not the end. You will emerge victorious. Rise warrior! Rise up, take up your sword and follow Me."

You open your eyes and the battle rages still.  You pick yourself up off the ground. Your sword does not feel as heavy. Energy and fire surge through your veins. One step and then another, A battle cry rings from your throat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment