Sunday, April 26, 2015

Into The Deep

I stand at the oceans edge, the foamy waves tickle my feet as they rush to the sandy shore. The sun is making its morning ascent, a dolphin makes a leap into the air, water droplets shine like diamonds. Longing... longing fills my soul to join him in the deep. What wonders I could see, what unknowns I could understand. 

Before I realize it I have stepped into the salty brine ankle deep. My toes dig into the ocean floor. Fear sweeps through my heart. Fear of the unknown keeps me rooted where I stand. I want to go deeper... I battle the fear inside, maybe one more step. 


The water is to my knees, then my waist. I am content here. I can still feel the ocean floor. The deep still calls... 


Why can't I find the courage, why am I so afraid? The warm water laps against my body, I want to float, to swim to the deepest depths. I am almost there, a seagull screams out encouragement. One gentle push from my feet, one stroke of my arms... Two words softly spoken fill my heart. "Trust Me."


Floating, I can't touch bottom. Excitement and determination overtake my fear. I allow myself to sink. Swimming, deeper and deeper, I am overwhelmed by the beauty. I am overwhelmed by peace. As I take in the sights around me, He begins to speak.



"My child, you have allowed fear to rule your life for far too long. The depths that you swim in now only scratch the surface of what I wish to show you. What you think you understand, what you think you know is only a fraction of what I have hidden for you. Look beyond what you see in front of you, there is more. Desiring to know, to understand is only the first step. Obedience, true humble obedience and faith is the key that will unlock the mysteries. I have said that faith the size of a mustard seed would move mountains, do you believe it? Are you ready for Me to strip away the limitations man has placed on My Word? Are you ready for Me to strip away the scales from your eyes? Relinquish control and allow Me to take you deeper."



 



No comments:

Post a Comment