Saturday, March 29, 2014

Perfect Peace

The day is drawing to a close, stars are beginning to twinkle. Lamps in windows glow with warm inviting light. Gentle music floats on the breeze, and off  in the distance the whippoorwill begins his nightly song. Peace, perfect peace floods my soul. You O' God are that perfect peace. You O' God are far above the heavens. You, O' God, allow Your peace to transcend the ages. Fill us Father. Your peace echos through every chamber of my heart, filing me to overflowing. Even when there are questions that still need answered, even when things are not working out the way that was expected, even when, even when, even when! Your perfect peace reigns! You reign! Your peace is my beacon, my guide, my counselor, my strength in trouble. Your peace will lead me to Your perfect truth. My soul cries out in rejoicing! My heart overflows with thanksgiving. Your peace follows me as I close my eyes to sleep. Your peace guards me through the night, and wakes with me in the morning light.

"When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrow like sea billows roll. What ever my lot, thou has taught me to say, it is well, it is well, with my soul!"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment