Friday, March 28, 2014

Hide

I came here to hide. Brokenness upon brokenness. Surely I could blend in; mix my brokenness with theirs. Each person so unique, so special. Each one with their own brand of brokenness. Struggling to find their way. Searching for the truth. Spinning wildly in a world out of control.  I could go unnoticed....

But this was  not your plan.

 There is no room in Your kingdom for hiding. No room for going unnoticed. You have brought me the most broken. The ones who are hurting so deeply. How can I help them, when all I want to do is hide? 

I take the plunge...

With the first shared scripture, You have brought healing to my soul. You have opened my heart to once again receive. How I know Your presence! How I hear Your whispers.  Your Spirit is alive again; flowing freely through me to those who need you the most. Oh that my light would shine! That they would see You in me. That You through me will make a lasting impression on their spirits. Wrap Your loving arms around each of them, and draw them close to Your breast. Breath new life into them, help them to stand. Mend every broken place, bind up every wound. Pour in Your oil of gladness, and give them the garment of praise for their heaviness. Fill them with Your peace that passes all understanding. Help them to know Your voice, and understand when You speak. Wash away their pain. Lead them into Your truth. 

Thank you for bringing me to this place. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to love them. Thank you for not allowing me to hide.       



No comments:

Post a Comment