Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Dawn

  The sun is peeking over the horizon. A giant ball of molten flame is rising to greet me. Shafts of light filtered through wisps of clouds streak across the dew dampened ground. My feet collect the dew drops as I walk across the cushion of grass. This is my most favorite time of day. Only a few birds are singing their morning songs. A squirrel or two scamper across tree limbs, their tiny claws scape along the bark. My rock is waiting. My thinking rock as I like to call it. This is where I contemplate the more serious issues of my life. Where am I going? Why am I here? What is my true purpose? This is where my Father and I talk. Sometimes He listens as I chatter on about any and everything. Sometime I listen as He shares with me His desires. It is wonderful to hear the Holy Spirit speak softly to my soul. 

In this place there is no room for worry or doubt, no room for fear. In this place I am alone with my Father reveling in who He is, and all He has done for me. A gentle breeze rustles through the leaves, peace settles over me like a blanket. 

For many things I do not have the answers. There are many things I still do not understand. But I know that God is with me. I know He has the answers. He is the answer. So I sit. I wait. I worship. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment