Sunday, May 3, 2015

Climb Higher

The sun shone brilliantly, warming my shoulders as I stood at the base of the mountain. Excitement had me jumping on the balls of my feet. I had trained for this, I was ready. I quickly checked my equipment and stepped forward. The rock was as cold as steel against my gloved hand. One foot, one hand, Push! I was climbing. 3,000 feet to the summit, I can make it. One hand, one foot at a time. 


 The wind blew more forcibly the higher I climbed. It threatened to sweep me right off the mountain side. My arms and legs were shaking from the extreme exertion. Sweat streamed down my face. One slip, one misplaced hand, it will all be over. One hand, one foot at a time, I kept climbing. 



In one blink it seemed, my crystal blue sky turned dark. Thunder rumbled and the worst thing imaginable materialized; lightning. Driving rain lashed my hands and feet; the rock face became slick. I couldn't go up, I couldn't go down. I was stuck. Fear as I had never known consumed me. "Lord Jesus help me! I can't go on, it's too hard. I'm going to fall."... As I cling to the rock for dear life, I hear Abba Father say:



"I Am here. This storm will soon be over. You are called to this mountain, I will not allow you to fall. I know each crevice, exactly where you should put your hands and feet. I will guide you. Do not be distracted by the wind and the rain, they are only temporary hindrances. Listen closely to my voice: I did not say this mountain would be easy. I have called you to greater than that. I am stretching you. I am growing you. I know the plans I have for you, good plans I will see to the very end. I am sending you a fresh wave of strength, My strength. Though it seems impossible I make all things possible for them that believe. Now CLIMB! One hand, one foot, I have ordained you to make it. You will succeed. There were many who fed you discouragement, many who said you could not do it. Many who said this mountain was not for you. Cast those thoughts from your mind. I tell you, you can! You can because you go in MY name. I have anointed and appointed you! Climb, climb higher the summit is just in sight!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment